Monday, September 29, 2014

Monday 2


  1. Drafts of "drafted writing" should be fully formatted according to MLA style before you submit them to me.
  2. Deadlines refer to the time a paper should be submitted. Henceforth, that time is 8:00 A.M. By 8:00 A.M. of the due date papers must be labeled "Lastname.firstname.tag," in MLA format, and dropped in the Dropbox. Email me by 8:00 if you need the paper printed. Papers not submitted by that time, formatted as instructed, or submitted without following that naming protocol will not be accepted as timely and will receive no more than 80% credit. See the published grading policy. At the end of one week, the grade drops to zero.
  3. Drafts should represent your full effort. I do not wish to waste my time making suggestions that you would come up with on your own if you only tried. That practice would simply represent your success at shifting work you can do onto me, a practice I do not want to enable. Further, I do not wish to compose another rubric for drafts, and I do not think that is required of me. I am going to judge your work at this stage on the basis of my own experience -- experience that cannot be so easily codified. I will decide whether your paper is a good-faith effort (100), a partial effort or a searching one that is somewhat developed (80), or an undeveloped paragraph or two tossed in my general direction (50). 
  4. If you see and understand, respond to me in an email before you come to your next class with the following text: "This is ___your name___, and I understand."



1 comment:

Unknown said...

This is Jacovia Cherry, and I understand.