- the nature, use, and consequences of Marlow's reply to the Intended
- the function of women as symbols
- the effect of Marlow's story on the frame narrator
- Marlow's choice of nightmares
- the inner journey and the outer journey
- Or, extract a dense, rich passage and comment on it
Remember to include HOW YOU KNOW: SHOW THE EVIDENCE!
ALSO, read two of the criticisms at the back of the book, excerpt two short passages from each that best capture the key thought, and be prepared to speak to the class and/or to me about them.